Subject: Re: VC4.0 improvements
From: Phil Thorn <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 1995 21:38:31 -0500

Kinda makes you wonder what a recompile of Lightwave with VC++ 4.0 would 
do doesn't it! :-)

-Phil
Thorn Grafx
[email-masked]

>I recently upgraded from VC++ 2.2 to the new VC++ 4.0 compiler.  I thought
>I'd drop a line here and post the results of some speed tests I did to
>examine optimization improvements in the new compiler.
>
<deleted>
>
>That's a pretty impressive improvement in speed, shaving half the execution
>time!  They must have found some more calls to eatCPU() that they hadn't
>removed in 2.2. =|^)
>
>(this test was conducted on a 133MHz Pentium with 32MB RAM.)
>
>Render me gone,               |||
>Bob                         ^(===)^
>-------------------------oOO--(_)--OOo--------------------------------------
>Bob Hood            | All governments suffer from a recurring problem:
>Virtual Visions Inc.| Power attracts pathological personalities.  It is not
>1.303.989.4191      | that power corrupts, but that it is magnetic to the
>                    | corruptible.  Such people have a tendency to become
>[email-masked]    | drunk on violence, a condition to which they are
>[email-masked]      | quickly addicted              - Frank Herbert
>----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>